Xenforo Alert Improvements by Xon
Xenforo Alert Improvements by Xon is a collection of improvements to the XenForo Alerts system.
This add-on requires php 7.2.x or newer.
This add-on requires XF 2.2.x or newer.
Do not use MySQL statement-based replication with this add-on
- Per-alert ‘mark read’ links on each alert
- Multi-select ability to mark alerts as read or unread.
- Avoid unexpected marking alerts as read by browser prefetch, this may result in alerts not being marked as read as expected.
- Supports the following add-ons:
- Content Ratings 1.3.x
- Global Optional, Alert summarization by selected content type or user
- User Option to prevent marking as read when accessing /accounts/alerts page.
- User Option to prevent summarization when accessing /accounts/alerts page.
- User Option to adjust summarization threshold
- Only mark alerts that are viewed on alert page/alert pop-up, not all alerts
- If an alert was explicitly marked as unread, skip marking that alert as read.
Supported content types for alert summarization
- Posts, Conversation, Profile post, profile post comments Likes
- Reactions (From Content Ratings)
- Various conversation related alerts from Conversation Essentials for XF2
- Adds an extra column to xf_alert.
alter table xf_user_alert summerize_id add int(10) unsigned DEFAULT NULL
- 1 extra SELECT query per thread page request when the user has more than zero active alerts.
- If there are alerts to mark as read, then an extra UPDATE is required.
Alert Summarization Performance impact
- On accessing alerts above the summarize threshold, fetches all unread alerts and attempts to group them in PHP.
- On successfully generating summary alerts, 2 queries are done. 1 insert to add the summary alert, 1 updating summarized alerts.
NOTE: Compatible XF 2.x versions 2.2
Additional requirements php 7.2+, Standard Library v1.18.0 by Xon